Friday, October 28, 2011

Today I am combing through Census records. . .

What are my plans for today? Well, after I get the dishwasher loaded and some laundry folded I think I might follow the journey of my mother's great-great grandfather, Claudius B. Miller. I know he was born in Tennessee in 1825. And, I know that he died in Iowa in 1917. But, I want to know how he ended up in Iowa. I also suspect he fought in the Civil War, but I am not sure on which side he fought. So, today I hope that I can find out a little more about this great grandfather of mine. If I find a Civil War connection, I am sure my 7 year old daughter will be thrilled, as she is such the Civil War history buff.

2 comments:

  1. I now know that Claudius B. Miller served in the Union Army during the Civil War. His father, Nathaniel Johnson Miller, died when Claudius was just a few years old. I cannot find much about Nathaniel, but I did find that he was in the military during the War of 1812. I also know that he died of yellow fever on the Natchez Trace in the 1820s.

    Today's search and answers have provided the roadmap for tomorrow's explorations! Happy hunting, my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not know how I missed your blog before. For at least 3 years I was without a computer and just yesterday I found your blog. I am a great-great granddaughter of Claudius B. Miller and his first wife Martha Baldridge. The group of we descendants that get together each year is getting smaller. So excited to find you! Barbara Adams

    ReplyDelete