Monday, September 2, 2013

The McDonald Cemetery in Union Township, Union County, Ohio

Today I return to my cemetery tour of Union Township in Union County, Ohio.  The next cemetery on my little tour is the McDonald Cemetery.  I have not been able to visit this cemetery due to its location across private property.  To visit this cemetery, one must visit when crops are not in the field that surrounds the location.  I can share some of this tiny cemetery's history.

The McDonald Cemetery has been called the March Cemetery and Teeter's Graveyard.  It was deeded to Union Township on May 4, 1874 by George McDonald.  Land surrounding the cemetery was once owned by E. C. March.  This cemetery is located off of Collins Road, approximately 2 miles northwest of Milford Center.  The cemetery has become overgrown by a small woods.  While it is still owned by Union Township, the trustees do not currently care for the cemetery.

No comments:

Post a Comment